At Home Work Out
This is a basic exercise progression workout you can use 2-3 times per week, along with your other sports, or an activity day. Simple, effective exercises to build whole body stability!
Equipment: A resistance band, water bottle, a mat, optional skipping rope
Warm Up: 10 minutes of running, biking – can mix in skipping
Dynamic Warm-up: 10/side or for 20m:
-High Knees - Butt Kicks - Leg Swings -Caterpillar Walk
- Lunge walk -Arm Circles (small àbig)(Fwd/Rvs) - Karoake (both sides)
Exercises: TIP: Do these exercises CORRECTLY or else it is not worth doing!
- Stable Mountain Climbers: pull knee towards chest for 2 seconds (foot off ground). Tip: work to keep hips from shifting – keep them parallel to floor
- Hollow Rock Progression 1: sit with knees bent and feet on the ground, lean back to 45 degrees. Have arms straight out ahead of you and let them fall out to each side. Hold for 30seconds and do not let back arch.
- Band Flys: Take your resistance band, holding it with palms facing each other (inward). Keeping elbows slightly bent, pull the band apart, while squeezing shoulder blades together. Start with the shoulders and back, before arms pull band apart.
- Clockwork Lunges: Hands on hips, keeping head up and shoulders back, lunge “around a clock”- Forward, diagnol, sideways, diagnol back and backwards. Perform on both legs= 1 rep.
- Downward facing dog & shoulder tap: Move into downward dog position and without shifting lift hand off the ground and tap opposite shoulder. Engage core and push hips up and back.
- Hip Bridge & Hold: Hamstring bridge – lay on your back, and bring your feet to the ground just below your bum. Push hips up into the sky and hold. Try to relax your glutes (bum) and let the hamstrings do the work.
- Table Top: move onto hands and knees, with a neutral spine. The goal is to minimize the amount you move when you lift your Left Arm and Right Leg off the ground. Bring it parallel to the floor, then switch sides. Both sides = 1 rep
Exercise 4: 10 reps Exercise 5: 20 taps Exercise 6: Hold 30s Exercise 7: 15 reps 4 Sets in a circuit style (1 through 7 x 4)